The Wolf Law Firm, LLC is a leading consumer class action firm in New Jersey. We are dedicated to protecting and vindicating the rights of consumers through aggressive litigation and negotiation. The experienced attorneys at The Wolf Law Firm, LLC have been certified as Class Counsel in over one hundred class actions.
A class action is a lawsuit where one plaintiff can go to court to protect the rights of other people who have been wronged in the same way. This group is called the “class.” Class actions are an important way to hold businesses accountable for widespread fraud or abuse.
The Wolf Law Firm, LLC handles all types of consumer class actions. A few examples include:
- Unlawful fees and overcharges
- Warranty fraud / selling a defective product and failing to honor the warranty
- Pharmaceutical marketing fraud
- Debt collection fraud
- Unlawful auto repossessions
The Wolf Law Firm, LLC has a proven track record of favorable results for our class-action clients. Here are a few examples:
- In a hard-fought class action against a predatory lender operating through a network of door-to-door salesmen, our attorneys won statutory damages for every single class member under New Jersey’s Truth in Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act.
- In a class action against a predatory debt collector under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, our attorneys negotiated a settlement for the maximum damages allowed under the Act.
- In a class action against a car dealer for illegal fees and overcharges, The Wolf Law Firm, LLC obtained a refund and statutory damages for all class members in the form of cash plus a free service coupon.
- In a class action against a predatory payday lender, our attorneys negotiated a settlement where the lender refunded all class members two-thirds of all money the collected, averaging over $1,000 per class member.
- Following over a year of litigation in a class action against an auto lender for improper excess wear-and-tear charges on leased vehicles, The Wolf Law Firm negotiated a settlement where the lender agreed to stop collecting those charges from the class members, pay a cash award to each class member, and contact the major credit reporting bureaus to remove any negative credit reporting resulting from the charges.
If you have been the victim of any type of consumer fraud, contact us today for a free consultation. We may be able to help.